As host, designer and executive producer of his Emmy Award winning series, Elbow Room, Chip Wade is available from concept through construction to show HGTV and DIY viewers how to customize their spaces and transform houses into homes that perfectly suit their lifestyles.
Wade is known for his unique ability to utilize cutting-edge materials, processes and authentic creativity to craft these large-scale, multi-faceted projects.
Nestled in North Georgia’s Blue Mountain Ridge, Pinhoti Peak is one such project. Wade teamed up with McElroy Metal to supply Maxima 2-inch rib standing seam metal panels for the 6,700-square-foot roof.
The Maxima family of products caters to the diverse requirements of architects and contractors. Each profile boasts distinctive performance attributes, allowing users to precisely align a Maxima panel with their desired aesthetic and performance specifications.
For the walls, Wade wanted a metal panel without visible fasteners and he specified the Wave panel from McElroy. Project aspirations include compelling visuals, nature-inspired restfulness, minimal maintenance, timeless selections and luxurious interactions.
- Located in Elijay, Ga., surrounded by 60,000 acres of national forest on three sides.
- 4,700 finished square footage
- 5 bedrooms, 4-1/2 bathrooms
- 3 individual complete suites with three individual kitchens and living areas
- Detached apartment called an ADU (accessory dwelling unit)
- Large outdoor living areas
- Wide open-air courtyard with outdoor kitchen, container pool, putting green, bocce court, wide fireplace and 4,000 square feet of hardscape
- Located on 100s of miles of off-road vehicle trails alongside a national hiking trail that ties into the Appalachian Trail
- Helicopter pad
“I always have full confidence working with McElroy Metal,” Wade says. “The product is always up to my standards and the ability to get the same material, color and finish in various forms – from standing seam panels to fastener-free siding panels – helps me execute projects at a higher standard.” Who knew the backside of Pinhoti Peak would be the ultimate chill spot? This cozy nook, nestled between the house and the mountainside slope is where Wade unwinds.
“The dual grills let me sear and smoke like a boss, while entertainment options keep me on my toes,” he says. “The turf transforms into a bounce wonderland, the dining table doubles as a billiard arena and no Chip Wade play space would be complete without a killer ping-pong table. I can’t resist the allure of this mountain paradise!”