How to Transition from Metal Roof to Mod Bit flat roof

Cathy Grondin
8/7/2014
I am reroofing a 3:12 pitch roof to Metal standing seam. I have a small flat roof addition off the back and it is flat, no pitch. i have torn off the old rolled roofing of the flat as well. This is my first attempt at roofing and i have read endless amounts of metal manufacturer installation guides. I have applied the mod bit underlayment on the flat roof up to and extended onto the pitched roof slightly. Then i tied in the metal high temp underlayment on the sucessive row. I'm not sure of the best way to tie in the metal to mod bit rolled roof. I was thinking of flashing the transition. Under the metal panel and over the rolled roofing. Unsecured on the rolled roof as i do not want screws . But i don't want to create a neg flash on the flat roof as i have read here Roll the mod bit on top the flashing transition slightly onto the pitched roof and then overlay with metal panel. Do i end the panel before i hit the flat roof transition. I
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
8/11/2014
What type of metal roof to start with?

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.