Brice Batts
12/12/2011
I just read a three or four paragraph definition of "how to calculate linear feet". I understand how the overlap figures into the calculations. Mathmatics is still an exact science thank goodness. My question is simple. If the roofing is still on the roll and has not been bent into any shape would "Linear and Square foot" measurements be the same figure? Thanks,
Dick Bus
12/12/2011
Only if the starting width of the roll was 12" wide which would make an even narrower panel. Most standing seams start with anywhere from 16" to 24" wide rolls of coil to make the finished product. Through fastened panels use wider metal. Let us know if we can help with anything else.
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
12/12/2011
Not likely. As Dick Bus said, you will loose square footage to the raised seam in the case of Standing Seam. A 24" coil normally yields a 21" panel. You are loosing 15% just in seam metal.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.