ventilation, roofing, insulation

Guest User
8/30/2010
continuation of previous email- me email is [email protected] please let me know if my first message did not arrive. Since I am a female, I rely on my contractors. I have spent so much already and afraid it will be done wrong again; contractors in our rural area are not usually licensed and we go on word of mouth. I trusted the first one and he cost me so much in repairs, I am very distrustful.Everything I have known about metal roofs on log homes says they need good air flow to reduce condensation so this goes against what I think I know. Thank you for your quick response and help. Pat
Guest User
8/30/2010
Original question: 2 yrs ago had new metal roof installed on my cathedral ceiling, log home. Unknown to me, he replaced orig. fat rolled insulation with skinny 1 in. roll that was put between roof and one bys instead of laid on ceiling. At same time instead of the requested vented soffits in back,he enclosed the back., we have high humid summers, the tongue and groove ceiling started warping, swelling and popping off. Have reopened vents,taken off tongue and groove. Contractor suggests spraying foam insulation that will once again close off vents and should provide moisture barrier. It will be sprayed between rafters before ceiling installed. This goes against the very little that I know about log homes with metal roofs needing air flow to reduce condensation. Any advice?
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.