Guest User
10/19/2007
First, excuse me for the lengthly question.....I am putting new metal roofing over my old corrugated roof. The present roof is still in good shape, but I just put new siding on so looking to upgrade. I am looking to put my new roof over my old because this will be a two man job so I don't want to have the old roof off for a week or so. My roof trussees are 3'oc and thinking of using purlins. What size purlins should I use and what should I secure them with??? What way should I run them? I was thinking a way to get ventilation to roof vent. Should the purlins be treated?? Any barrier between old roof and new??? Thanks you for you time.
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
10/20/2007
Due to different expansion and contraction rates and things going on, I would advise against this. Bring it up with the manufacturer of your new roofing and see what they say.
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.