A Guide To Home Roofing Trends
May 8, 2017
Every house needs a roof—and the top roofing trends are always evolving. Today, homeowners can consider a variety of factors while selecting a roofing material, including sustainability, resale value, durability, weather resistance, and much more. With each passing year, new roofing materials and options gain popularity, allowing homeowners to change the way they live. The team at Fowler Homes, a contractor member of the non-profit Metal Roofing Alliance, built this guide to provide insight into the top trends in the industry for 2017.
The green building market continues to be high in demand, and an environmentally friendly home has a myriad of advantages. Not only can it boost resale value, but it can also help lower utility bills over time. While a roof that will decrease bills is typically more expensive upfront, it can pay off in the long run. As homeowners take more of an interest in green building, it will become increasingly important for the industry to offer a diverse variety of green roofing products and materials.
So what is the best type of green building material? We often recommend metal roofing. This form of roofing is 100% recyclable and is Energy-Star rated for its sustainability. Additionally, metal roofs have an array of benefits, including:
- Longer lifespan Depending on the material, metal roofs can last up to 50 years.
- Lower lifetime cost. Metal roofs require less maintenance than other types of roofs and tend to have less problems. Of course, metal roofs should still get a routine inspection to ensure repairs aren’t necessary.
- Aesthetically pleasing appearance. There is a wide breadth of designs and installation techniques that make this form of roofing a popular choice for homeowners.
- Durability. Metal roofs will not corrode with time. Instead, they are weather resistant and offer safety—homeowners need not worry about lightning strikes and other destructive forces.
Green roofing materials insulate a home just as well as non-green roofing materials. Because there is a variety of metal roofing styles and materials homeowners can choose from, there is truly a metal roofing type to match the look and feel of any home, including:
- Stainless steel
- Ribbed Panel or Corrugated Metal
- Standing Seam
- Metal Shingles
- Copper Standing Seam
- Stone Coated Steel Roofing
Metal roofing is also considered a “cool roofing option”, which means the roofing material is designed to minimize heat. Cool roofing can decrease energy consumption and roof maintenance costs.
The best roofing material in the world is useless if you don’t have quality contractors installing it correctly. Look for a roofing company that has great experience and aims to give customers 100% satisfaction. Make sure you trust quality roofers with your home!
If you’re in Georgia, click here to find out more about Fowler Homes. To find a quality metal roofing contractor in other areas, homeowners can use the free Find-A-Contractor tool on the Metal Roofing Alliance website.
Get Started Today
Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.